Hi Rich,

I am a guitarist who uses BiaB in a number of ways. Here are a couple of ideas for you. I have used both of these many times.

1-If you can't read music then input the chords of a song you want to learn, pick a style, and play along.

2-If you do read music then you have a couple of options. One would be to input the chords, pick a style and read the music. If you are using MIDI you can slow down or speed up the tempo and it will still sound good. Realtracks are good but only withing a certain tempo range.

Another option is to look at Note Norton's site, http://nortonmusic.com/
and check out the fake discs. If you find one that you like then order it and buy the corresponding fake book. The disc will point to the page in the fake book that the song is on as well as load the chords for said song and suggest a style. These are MIDI styles so the above tempo suggestions work perfectly. But you can use any style that you have, MIDI, RTs or a mixture. I use this method to practice my site reading.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Ps - also look at the guitar tab option in BiaB. It shows you the guitar's fret board and what notes are being played. You don't need to read music to use this option.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware