Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd & Bill,

Well, I was surprised as heck to see Bill's name there! I've casually known Bill since about 2006. Even wrote a song for a young lady he was working with back then. Hi Bill - it was great to see your name again!

You guys did a super job on the write! You never know what you'll find in those sheds out back. Loved the two chairs part:

and over in the corner
well, it almost made her cry
a chair with his name and a chair with hers
sittin' side by side

That's really, really good! I enjoyed the use of the traditional instruments of Americana/Country/Folk lineage. Had to listen to it twice ... too good for just one listen!

As far as when the end gets here ... I' guess we'll see!

Keeping my comments brief tonight. As Di gets better - I've got the flu! Feel terrible.

Merry Christmas to both of you.

Alan

Hi, Alan - I hope you are on the mend. Hope Di is doing well, too.

I've written a bunch with Bill. He is a fine lyricist - an excellent sense of prosody for a guy who doesn't play an instrument... Most of what he would send me were completed stories - I just had to come up with music and production and tweak a few things here and there to fit my cadence and sensibilities...

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Enjoyed that guys.
A swinging hillbilly take on a survivalist scene with a romantic twist.
Very entertaining.
Cheers.

Glad you enjoyed it, Richard...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
aside from not getting the holiday inn thing.... the rest was pretty cool..... That first line was out of character to the rest of the song.

Nice mix and loved the instrumentation choices.

When Bill sent me the lyric, I had no problem understanding the point.
I'm surprised that anyone would. But I will explain.

but he went off to sin at the holiday inn

That means he was going to the Holiday Inn to have sex with another woman.
Or a man. We don't know that much about Buford.
Either way, he was cheating on her.

where he died an embarrassing death

If you were at the Holiday Inn in your small North Carolina town cheating on your wife and you died of a heart attack (for example), then that would likely be very embarrassing for your family...

Which sets up the rest of the story.
The police return his belongings - which include his keys.
The wife immediately goes to unlock the shed to find out what Buford has been doing out there. She thinks he has been preparing to run off with someone else.
Turns out he was getting ready for the both of them to survive some apocalypse.

I know Bill would likely not explain a lyric. He generally just puts it out there and let's it stand.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Cool man. A song as only Floyd could do it! Great job guys.

Excellent co-write.

Thanks, David...