Thank you very much John, Andrew and Kent. Interesting information...every bit of it!

Kent.....yes I did put in my original post that the autorun.inf file was showing the correct data..thanks

John.....yes I do normally use the same USB port as it's one of the two remaining unused ports I have out of six and the other one is a bit unreliable now!....but very interesting info about the Anti spyware/malware programs. There was no problem running BB but just the icon was missing. I have it arranged so that each drive plugged in (independently....not together) appears as drive F:

First prize on this occasion to Andrew! That seems to have done the trick so the Cleanup from 2018 looks to have moved the autorun file to the subfolder you described and editing the autorun.inf to read bb\Data\Util\PGMICON.ICOfile appears to have done the trick! Next time I plugged in either drive the BB icon was back. smile

Problem solved......thanks again for everyones input. Special thanks to Andrew.

Last edited by Kev T; 12/17/17 12:52 PM.

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics