Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun and clever!! My favorite line (from a bunch of great ones):

hostess twinkies fresh for life

That one really made me laugh! This is such a well-crafted write, mostly just fun but with a nice sentimental twist. Arrangement and mix are perfect! Another excellent write by an excellent writer (and apparently co-writer as well). Really enjoyed the journey to The Shed Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. It is all just for fun. And Bill is a fine writer - easy to work with, too...

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
So Buford is a doomsday prepper,
I'm actually on board with Herb, I don't get the Holiday Inn
thing either. It's kind of a funny folksy tale with a nice melody
and musical flow but I don't like Buford. I guess he's a good ole boy
with a complex relationship, he cares for his wife but cheats on her.
The song is very visual, I like that, I don't like grocery lists much.
I'm sorry, I never mean to be too critical or nasty. There are things
that I like here, maybe I'm not the audience for this one. Maybe
the character is just human and I'm not focusing on the humor
or sweet twist. Those chairs should've been in the home to be used
and shown as a symbol of love out in the open. I don't expect people
to agree with me on this and I have the highest respect for you Floyd.

Take my read on this with a grain of salt as most here will love it
and heck, have a Merry Christmas

Kenny - you can check back to my explanation to Herb about the Holiday Inn.
I can't answer for Bill, but I don't think you are suppose to like Buford. I didn't much care for him, myself. And I will repeat my follow up to Herb - I don't think that Bill's storyline - a guy who cheats on his wife yet cares about her and would want her with him during the apocalypse - is any less valid. There are a lot of imperfect people in the world. There are a lot of guys who cheat on their wives but would never want to leave them - and still care for them - and would still protect them above all others. The guy who is stockpiling twinkies for the end of the world is not necessarily playing with the same deck as the rest of us. I don't think Buford would put those chairs in the house. They were a part of his shed plan. It is "his way". You are projecting a different story on it. Not the story that Bill chose to tell.
I can't really address your dislike for list songs. There is no question this is one. There are thousands of classic examples - Tom T. Hall did it all the time. Dylan, too (to name just two)...

Grain of salt taken. I've got no problem with you not taking to this one. Not everyone is going to like everything. So I just keep writing. All the time. A bunch of them. Maybe you'll like the next one better...

Thanks for listening...