Hey Peeps,

I had an insight about this forum I would like to share, in terms of songwriting and the impact we all might have on the world at large as a group.

I am as guilty as anyone I suspect of spending too much time brooding on "what is going to happen with this song I just wrote" when really, that is not the larger point.

It occurred to me this morning that it is the group effort that counts. That is, one kind word about another member's song, one piece of encouragement or generous suggestion, might cause that person to write the greatest song ever written, which might then go on to have a massive impact on some stranger's life, cause someone to fall in love, or turn their life around, and literally change the course of history. Because songs do that.

OR, one kind word given to YOU might cause you to write the greatest song ever written in the coming year, and that song could go on to have an impact on untold thousands. Who knows! It happens all the time.

But the point is, it is not about any one of us, it is about all of us, the group.

That is why I think it is important to join in on the conversation on the showcase and spend as much time encouraging as showcasing--because you never know what will happen with that. Like a boomerang, the encouragement we give out to others often comes back to strike us in our very own hearts.

Just a thought as we all move into 2018 trying to conquer the world with our great new tunes!

smile

Happy New Year everyone!