Running PT 2017 on windows 10 with Soundblaster Audigy ZS Platinum. Using the Creative ASIO drivers all was well until a day or so ago. Plugged my midi keyboard in via USB to record a midi piano part and got bad latency. Checked and drivers had reverted to MME. Don't know why. Changed to ASIO as normal and sound was distorted almost like an old fashioned fuzz box. Still got it done and later plugged in keyboard again. Sounded OK.

Day later tried to play a seq file with midi and audio. Changed the sample and bit depth as I am buying a new usb audio interface. Asked if I wanted to resample said yes and got several progress boxes in quick succession and the sound went echoey and fuzz box and PT became unresponsive. shut PT with Task Manager. Files played fine when I selected MME but symptoms reoccurred every time I selected ASIO which I must have tried five or six times. Tried everything - switched off all recording sources not being used. Failed to get a normal sound. Uninstalled and reinstalled PT no change although I had to reinstall the ASIO driver etc from scratch.

Left it for three hours, tried again and got the same message 'PT crashed etc.......' so did it all again and it now works. Audio had reverted to 16 bit 44.1 using the resampler as the closest diver setting is 16 bit 48.

Incidentally BIAB 2018 worked fine all the time with the same ASIO drivers.

If you've got this far thank you. Any suggestions? Not sure how long PT will remain working.