to add to what Jim said note that you can DEMO Jam Origins MIDI Guitar 2, which IS POLYPHONIC, for FREE (just not most recent release) - if you don't think it will work for don't like the way it works or what you want you haven't spent a dime.

I have Roland GK2/3 guitars (played into a GR50 and GI-20 - to PC and rest of my MID gear) I have Fishman Triple Play (nice but a just a little pricey especially if you want to go wireless - that will set you back another ~200 for the FC unit when not on sale), and Jam Origins MIDI Guitar 2 ($99), and a You Rock Guitar (when I got one it was relatively inexpensive - no more - but it's really not a guitar - just a fast convenient way to input MIDI via a fret board if you can't play a KEYBOARD

TRY MIDI Guitar 2 (no harm, no foul)

However, while I really like MG2 I personally would never try to GIG with MG2. I would never GIG where my main and ONLY GUITAR MIDI CONTROLLER (or ANYTHING critical to performance) depended on a PC (unless I had redundant setups)! DITTO Fishman's for same reason UNLESS I had the FC that has dedicated standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connections and even there I'd want TWO FC's!

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20