Very thoughtful post there, David; Ever the ethereal conscience of the PGM forums. Sitting out here in the ever-present Ganja haze that overhangs the entire state of Colorado these days, it's easy to forget the bigger picture and get stuck in the weeds of songwriting. I still fret over the process, outcome, and importance of a new song, and I suppose I always will. Although I long ago lost any illusions I had about this business of music, there's always a glimmer of hope that something will leap forward and "change the world." For now I have to be satisfied with the infrequent responses from listeners like the lady who told me I should be paying her rent...because a song I wrote made her move to Colorado. I can only imagine how many times John Denver heard THAT line.

More recently a forum member responded to my Showcase post of "Not Every Day Was Sad" with this touching comment:

"Really brings back some memories. My wife and I have been together for fifty years now. We've been up and we've been down, from living in the car broke to having a nice home paid for, but we've also had to walk away from one or two. I have to say, I don't regret any of it, because in the end we are where we are right now."

It's those responses that come back to pinch my own heart and spur me on to continue creating better songs.

It's been a lot of fun being part of the PGM forums family since back in '03, though I often fade in and out like the distant signal from a late-night radio station. I always seem to drift back in for some respite from writing and producing. One of my biggest pleasures has been helping folks with writing and production etc. We all learn from each other; I've learned a lot from you especially, David. And your humorous insights are always great way to get myself reoriented to the fun of it all.

"Change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." (Not Every Day Was Sad)

Thanks for a great, thought-provoking post.

Later 'Tater,
The Buford cool