Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
.... the Mac version still lacks a piano roll window. This isn’t that popular on the Windows version .....

Well, as someone who uses both MAC 2017 & WIN 2018, I find the above a strange comment. "Isn't that popular" might mean, that they prefer the functionality of a 3rd party Piano roll or the piano roll is not very good but better than nothing. Either way, they still have the option of checking & changing inside BIAB. Piano roll is not a nice option but an essential if you plan to work with Melody (don't get me started on Lyrics - I feel for others like [nonchai] (see below) who even contemplate working with melody and "heaven forbid" lyrics].

Originally Posted By: nonchai
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

- the Mac version still lacks a piano roll window. This isn’t that popular on the Windows version, and we do plan to add it to Mac in future.
I've been hankering after this for ages. I really want to be able to compose new melodies using a piano-roll - and tweak the arrangement/chord-progressions on the fly. This to me seems a very obvious way of composing for those who think in terms of chord progression plus melody.

This alone is a significant gulf between the MAC & WIN versions.

Last edited by Beachboy; 01/14/18 10:01 AM.

WIN 10, BIAB WIN2022, Studio One 5, Audient iD4