#451372 - 01/15/18 06:39 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 509 Update (Jan 15)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018Download the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 509 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2018 build.Summary of changes for Build 509
since 508 (Jan 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 508
- Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
- Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
- Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
- Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
- Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
- Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.
- Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
- Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
- Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
- Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
- Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
since 507 (Dec 22 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 507
- Fixed: Songs might not load with tone and reverb settings.
- Fixed: Rendering Video RealTracks would fail if Windows was not set to an English locale.
- Fixed: exception in StylePicker routine to find similar styles (menu [Action] mark as prototype command).
- Fixed: Tracks that have video available are not labeled with "[V]" unless "Auto-Generate Track Labels" is enabled.
- Fixed: The Help button in the Save ABC notation dialog did not work.
- Updated: Artist bios.
since 506 (Dec 18 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 506
- Fixed: Using File | Open to open an audio file would not load the audio file.
- Fixed: The audio track was not being included in rendered videos.
- Fixed: When using the "One file per track" setting in the Render dialog, each track's file is not named properly.
- Fixed: If video rendering failed, the process would not stop and there was no error message.
- Fixed: It was not possible to cancel video rendering.
- Fixed: Repeats/endings were not implemented for XML and ABC notation.
- Fixed: Saving XML file with 3 divisions per notation beat could result in rests on the wrong clef.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Added: Style Demos from Third Party Sources, or for any UserCreated style now found if placed in Demos\MIDI Style Demos\ folder.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Fixed: The StylePicker was not finding demos in "Drums - Demos".
- Improved: Background Vocals RealTracks.
since 505 (Dec 13 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 505
- Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
- Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
- Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
- Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
- Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
- Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
- Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
- Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
- Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
- Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
- Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
- Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
- Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
- Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
- Updated: Styles database
- Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
since 504 (Dec 7 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 504
- Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
- Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
- Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
- Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
- Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
- Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
- Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
- Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
- Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
- Updated: Help file and manuals.
- Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.
since 503 (Dec 1 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 503
- Updated: Help file and Manuals.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Save ABC notation dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the RealDrums Quick dialog.
- Added: A Quality selector has been added to the Render to Audio File dialog. This lets you select a bit rate for compressed audio types (M4A, MP3, WMA).
- Fixed: Clicking on flash messages should not deactivate the main window.
- Fixed: Green flash messages would sometimes not perform any action when clicked on, or perform the wrong action.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening an ABC notation file that is not properly formatted.
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - improved behaviour of the Clear button
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - spelling of some subgenres fixed
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - 100 song titles added, total now 10,306
- Fixed: StylePicker - using mixer menu to customize style now filters according to selected style, not song's style
- Fixed: StylePicker - Save As Style feature improved
- Fixed: StylePicker - Generate button removed from Best Soloists dialog if launched from the StylePicker
- Fixed: RealDrums and RealDrums QuickList - some demos were not playing variations.
- Fixed: Sometimes loss of RealTracks folder locations.
- Fixed: What addons dialog not showing MIDI Soloists correctly.
(since 501) (Nov 29 2017):
- Fixed: Converting to WMA would create a truncated file (too short).
- Fixed: Videos & M4A files might have a pop noise at the beginning and end.
- Improved: Better MP3 suport for Windows 7 and Windows XP.
- Fixed: The Title Generator would not launch.
- Added: Menu item for opening ABC notation files has been added to the File > Open Special menu.
- Fixed: There were no hints in the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Generate Video dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added. Help button has been added to the Windows Audio Session devices dialog.
- Fixed: "Display warnings for detected audio stuttering" check box in the Audio Settings dialog should only be visible when using MME audio drivers.
- Fixed: Converting to MP3, M4A, or WMA might fail if using older versions of Windows.
- Fixed: Various errors when trying to convert to MP3 on older versions of Windows, such as "Problem interpreting Input.txt, quitting."
- Fixed: If rendering to "WMA (lossless)", the output file would not be lossless.
- Fixed: No error message was shown if failing to convert audio to MP3, M4A, or WMA.
- Fixed: Batch feature was missing from the Render to Audio File dialog.
- Fixed: Rendering video might fail (freeze at finalizing stage) for various layouts.
- Fixed: Trying to render Video RealTracks would fail if the RealTracks were set to Direct Input mode.
- Fixed: The New Features menu was showing 2017 new features.
- Fixed: The PDF manuals would not launch.
- Added: "Open abc Notation music file" menu item is added to the file open menu.
Edited by Andrew - PG Music (01/15/18 06:39 PM)
PG Music Inc.
Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Track Freezing Tutorial
Learn how to freeze your mixer track within Band-in-a-Box® 2019 when you check out our latest video: Click here to watch...
Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 18)
Monday, February 18th is Family Day!
Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.
Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 19th.
Video - Setting And Organizing Your Favorite Styles in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Learn how quickly you can set up and organize your list of your favorite styles in Band-in-a-Box® with our latest video - we have more than 6,000 Styles, so you could find this feature VERY helpful to streamline your songwriting! Click here to watch the video on our YouTube channel.
Visit Chapter 6 of the Online Manual to read more about applying Styles within Band-in-a-Box®.
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 619 Available
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!
Learn more about this update & download it here.
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.14 is included in this patch.
There is also a separate RealTracks patch available! Click here to review the updates and download this patch.
Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 build 619:
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Some important flash messages were not displaying properly.
Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the MIDI Monitor window.
Fixed: The drums window would not update after toggling "Display QWERTY Chars On Drums" setting.
Fixed: Saving an XML or ABC file will sometimes crash Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Some ASIO devices would fail to start with error "Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. The program does not support MAC-basedformats."
Improved: ASIO now supports extra audio formats: 64 bit float samples, and big endian sample types (16, 18, 20, 24, & 32 bit).
Fixed: If an ASIO audio device has more than 32 input or output ports, Band-in-a-Box would crash with an access violation when leaving the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
Fixed: Silent gaps between RealTracks riffs were not being filled.
Fixed: There were undesirable gaps between riffs in RealTracks 1278: Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120.
Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin:
Fixed: Generating a single RealDrums rendered wrong track and had wrong name sometimes.
Fixed: UserTracks not showing correct name, or not generating sometimes.
Fixed: Loops and UserTracks were sometimes ALL CAPS names.
Fixed: Drums track names showed up as "N/A" drums when style loaded from a song.
Improved: Generating only the master works better.
Improved: Master.mid and indivudal MIDI files are saved.
Improved: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist.
Fixed: Generating a loop when the style contained a soloist track wasn't working.
Fixed: In some DAWs an error could occur while dragging tracks.
Fixed: Blue square filled up after generating only master track.
Fixed: Midi playback caused crash in some DAWs (e.g. Pro Tools, Studio One)
Fixed: Render hangs with large render wav file in some cases.
The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!
Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK is still available, and it's PACKED with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!
The 2019 49-PAK includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 MIDI SuperTracks in MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 240 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks and Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 30 new MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly! Learn more and listen to demos: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm
Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!
Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm
Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows
Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: The Soloist Overview
Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM