Hi,

For a while I have been running a jazz jam club where I record the jams while using BIAB to provide a constant speed and to provide some of the missing rhythm section instruments such as drums, bass guitar or piano so we can always have the jam if we have at least two participants. I have just started to consistently (after the jam) use real band to mix the songs down to mp3 for transfer up to soundcloud where the players/singers involved can hear them.

At this point all I do is set a fixed mix setting for the whole song that more or less provides a good average balance for the various instruments. However many times the mix is good during part of the song and at other times during the song an instrument is too loud or too quiet. So after I get my mix setting that is reasonable I send it to .wav then have a program convert it to mp3. That leads to a question.

If I was to adjust the levels during the mix such that I fix the slight imbalances during the song is it possible for Real Band to remember these dynamic volume fixes and transfer them to mp3? If not is it possible to have it write to mp3 as the mix is playing and I am making these adjustments?

Thanks,
John

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles