Any of you who have given your undivided attention to Ms. Belladonna's posts to the User's Forum should already know that she writes lyrics you can see, taste, feel, hear, and smell. She conjures up a sense a place, of time, and reveals character with an economy of poetic expression that I personally find stunning.

The lyrics she dreamed up for "Bottom Dollar Blues" were so electrifying to me that the music came to me almost immediately upon reading them. This is my second collaboration with a User's Forum member, and it was absolutely, positively, e-x-h-i-l-a-r-a-t-i-n-g smile.

Ms. Belladonna, you are an artist. Thank you for allowing me to keep the ad-libs!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1321235&songID=13686052

Style is _BCJO110.STY (Boom Chick Joe Train Guitars 110)
Key = Ab, Tempo @ 120, Meter = 4/4
8 bar intro.

RealTracks in style: 2421:Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySlapBoomChicka Ev16 100 (Dave Roe)
RealTracks in style: 2514:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking BoomChickJoe Ev16 110 (Joe Robinson)
RealTracks in style: 2513:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking BoomChickHighJoe Ev16 110 (Joe Robinson)
RealTracks in song: 433:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 ( Scott Vestal, Soloist)
RealTracks in song: 601, Fiddle, Soloist, Train, Country, Ev 130 (Wanda Vicks, Soloist)
RealDrums in style: Country Train: a: Brushes Soft b: Brushes Hard (Shawn Soucy)

Thank you for listening, folks!

LOREN

Verse 1
She’s a candy, red hot
Fire whiskey, tequila shots
She’s waitin’ for me at the bar
Spends my money like a wild fire
Think I’m scorin’ but I lose
Got the bottom-dollar blues

Verse 2
Hopin’ she’s my Lucky Star
She plays me like a lotto jar
We cruise and smooze around
My ticker tape’s a-runnin’ down
Then, some final rounds of pool
Goes my bottom-dollar blues

(16-bar instrumental fiddle and banjo solos)

Refrain
Sunday church I’m confessin’
Can’t seem to learn my lesson
Party girls and booze
Give me the bottom-dollar blues

Verse 3
She always revs my engine
Sparing an intervention
I’m addicted to the night life
We live the weekends right
For her I’ll be the fool
With the bottom-dollar blues…

“Ain’t got no shoes…‘cause I got those bottom-dollar blues..”

“No gas in the tank…’cause I ain’t got no bank..”

“Folks lookin’ at me strange…’cause I’m begging for their change…”

“Think I better make like Dolly, and git t’ Parton from this hear woman, know whut a’ mean?”

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".