I'm considering purchasing BIAB to use on stage for live performance. Are there any other musicians out there that are doing just that? I've been doing a solo and duo for many years using midi and running my show from a laptop on stage. The laptop is ancient running Windows 95 and so is the Cakewalk 3.01 program that I use. It worked flawlessly for many years until the computer finally died recently. I can't find an old computer to take it's place because they've all been recycled and Cakewalk 3.01 won't work on newer computers. So it's time to upgrade since Cakewalk is now defunct!

I would like to get away from having to carry all my equipment to every gig because my setup is larger than most full bands. My questions are, does BIAB have good enough sounds to take the place of all my midi modules? Can I run straight out of the laptop to the PA and leave all my midi equipment at home? Are there catalogs of BIAB songs out on the web to access for songs that I don't have programmed already and does BIAB read midi files well? Thanks in advance for any help.