Note: Shameless repost of what I had originally posted in the "Tips and Tricks" forum, as I subsequently realized that it exponentially more likely to be seen here (I need y'all to share my excitement! grin )
----

As someone who first picked up the guitar in his mid-teens, and then eventually took up playing the bass as well in my early 20s, I have always been a slave to tablature.

I am not a musician by profession, but it is my number one passion in life, and my time spent playing and learning is unfortunately limited. I've always wanted to learn the piano, various woodwinds, and string instruments such as the violin, cello, and others because each instrument is not only unique in its timbre and 'vocal' qualities, but they each have an inherently unique approach based on a number of factors-from the geographic locations in which their use flourished, he purposes for which they were employed, and many others (think Appalachian fiddles and banjos played against a backdrop of mighty mountains and earthy labor, the jazz saxophones blaring in Greenwich Village jazz cellars in the early 20th century, baroque orchestral strings played to the ripple of subdued claps of landed British gentry…). Each of those elements left their trace in their instruments, in their fingerings, etudes, exercises, scales, --in the notation itself.

As a guitar player who was always fascinated by the different approaches other instruments took in assembling melodies and phrases, I yearned to have songbooks that would display OTHER instruments in tablature. Yes, there are hundreds of fantastic jazz guitar players, but none of them would approach standard's fake sheet in quite the same manner as would Dizzy Gillespie or Miles Davis.

Now, even if I DID read standard notation, and hence could properly identify the notes to be played, it would require a tremendous amount of brain processing power (for me at least) to target where a given note should be played on the fretboard. For instance, a "g" note in given certain octave could be played on the third fret-6th string, on the eight fret second string, on the 12th fret-third string, etc. Which of those options to choose would, in turn, be contingent on the notes that precede and follow it, leading to more calculations.

Therefore, the option to display standard notation as tablature for instruments not generally notated in that manner throws the door open to entirely new musical horizons.

Then I stumbled onto a startling discovery when I had a Medley RT Guitar-Silence-Trumpet-[something else] playing and figured out how to replicate those results, so, without further ado, I present to you my findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jyd1Y7u6MI

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB