Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Trygve,

I wouldn't expect BIAB to follow tempo changes in a MIDI file. It doesn't really open a MIDI file as-is, it imports the tracks onto the Melody track, and interprets the chords and enters on the chord sheet. Any tempo changes that happen would need to be entered using Bar Settings.

Do the tempo changes work when you open the MIDI file in RealBand? RealBand has access to the same plugins as Band-in-a-Box, and is generally a better choice for working with MIDI files, as it can open them directly and split all the instruments to their own tracks.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Trygve,

These are my thoughts too.

BIAB has its tempo changes set via Bar Settings whereas MIDI files have tempo changes embedded in them.

If you use MIDI monitor to remove all the tempo changes in the MIDI file and then add those tempo changes in BIAB's bar settings, I imagine that you'll get a file that works.

Alternatively, you could create a tempo map in Realband and BIAB should follow that.

Regards,
Noel

Kent/Noel; Now that's information! I think i must get myself more involved in MIDI files & Realband; always thought it was as cumbersome as BIAB ... F