Originally Posted By: bluage
Originally Posted By: Noel96
So to make a long story short, I think it's the format that creates the effect of time standing still and not my writing.

Dear "Noel96"...

What Ms. Davis revealed to you about song form is unbearably interesting because it has a sense of truth about it, especially since you cited actual songs that seem to illustrate her/your point. I can't wait to read more about it.

I lack the theoretical knowledge of music to apply it in support of my statement. Nonetheless, what I meant when I wrote about the time-stilling effect of your music, I was speaking almost exclusively about the emotional/spiritual impact of it, the tranquilizing effect it had on my nervous system. It was like lying on the green grass of a high, shapely hill under a sky so blue you could lick it and taste the blueness, with a quiet sun burning on the most perfect day that ever came to pass, and contemplating the eternal glory of it all.

As I attempted to explain in my initial comment, though of course we have not ever met, I feel quite strongly that I hear the (near) totality of your personality in your compositions. I believe that you must enjoy being alive in a wide-eyed, wide-awake manner, not unlike a child that, because of its innocence, its newness, sees this world in a blaze of reality that has not been tainted by the complexity of the society he/she lives in.

Whatever the reason, the songs you post on the User's Forum are simply one-of-a-kind because of the consistent energy and passion that they reveal through your lyric writing, music composing and performance traits and skills.

LOREN

My goodness, Loren, I'm not quite sure what to say. Your eloquence sparkles and gleams like pure gold.

There is no doubt about it, your skill with language would rival that of master poets. The way with which you engage a reader's senses is outstanding.... tantalisingly so!

I'm very grateful that you visited again. It's always a pleasure to read what you write. Thank you smile

Best regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024