Hey Ian

Thanks for taking your time to listen and offer the very thoughtful comments. I’m glad that you liked the song overall.

I would like to respond more specifically to a couple of your comments.

You mentioned: “I don't really like line 3 of V3 lyrically because it preaches and that's always the temptation with these sorts of songs.”

We sincerely do not feel that the song preaches via that line; rather, it simply expresses the frustration and sense of lack of control of the protagonist - a rural Puerto Rican lady. I grew up in rural and small town Georgia. Often I heard family/friends referring to the “big folks.” There was no specificity to it. It was not a political divide. But it was a feeling that one had no say or control in events that greatly influenced one’s life. Surely a mother with young children who had gone without power, clean water and other essentials for an extended period would feel that the “big folks” didn’t care. She would not be concerned with parsing out all of the reasons for her situation. So, that line was not a result of yielding to temptation - it was the result of contemplation about the storm’s aftermath. All this ramble means is that We didn't consider the line to be divisive.

You mentioned: “One thing I'd like to hear more of is that bowed bass. It seems kind of buried. Maybe take just a hair of the very low end off of that sound so you can bump the overall volume up a bit.”

The bass was problematic. As an upright bass player I likely spend too much time mixing bass RT’s smile I’d hoped to not have a buried sound as I tried, using Neutron’s masking feature, to get the cajon and bass to cooperate with one another as they occupy a very similar eq range. So much of this had to do with hearing acuity and my 72 year old ears ain’t particularly acute nowadays!

Again, thanks for the thoughts and for listening. Good to see you around again!

Cheers

J&B