Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Mr. David...

"Sappy"? Naw. "Cute"? Why sure smile !!! And, I'll add to that, danceable, singable, lovable, innocent, sweet, nostalgic, and...well, I think you get what I'm getting at, don't you?

If heartfelt lyrics that celebrate the power of truly committed love could be regarded as "sappy", well, then "sappy" will just have to become the new word for that rare(?) kind of love.

The RealTracks selections put you right out there on the hardwood dance floor -- the high school's gym, where the reverb would be a natural consequence of the size of that space.

It's great that folks at Band-in-a-Box included those absolutely gorgeous "Ooo-s" and "Ahhh-s", ain't it? In the case of "The Day That I Won't Love You", they transport the listener (if she/he is old enough laugh ), right back into 50's era you sought to emulate.

I think you succeeded in your attempt to recreate a time in the history of American music, Mr. David. Where you gonna take us next, musically speaking?

All ears,

LOREN

Hi Loren.

Thanks so much for all those great comments - loved it! I'm delighted it sounded convincing to you. And yeah, those oohs and ahhs are fabtastic - love them!

Thanks again.

Alan

PS: As far as what's in store for my next period song - I'm working on a Bob Seger-type song from the 80s. Hope to post it it within a couple of days. I'm trying to catch the sound of the various generations of music - it's just a challenge I bestowed upon myself.

Last edited by Al-David; 02/13/18 10:17 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops