I upgraded my iZotope Neutron software a while back to the new Neutron2, and man, I'm really blown away by the new Tonal Balance control software that comes with it!
Very useful tool, especially for those of us getting older with ears that don't hear high frequencies as good as before. In my last song I used one of their default setting called "Modern" to get an idea how my mix was balanced.

In addition to using built in settings, you can also load in a song that you are trying to emulate as far as sound goes.

The new song I'm working on now has a groove similar to the Joe Bonamassa song "Drive", so I loaded that in. It shows how your song compares EQ wise to the reference song, and also allows you to highlight specific frequency ranges you you can hear exactly what is going on and can quickly identify problem areas.

Brilliant! Here is a screenshot:
(gave up on doing an inline image, I'm not smart enough to make that work apparently blush so it's an attachment)

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
tonal balance.jpg (503.36 KB, 19 downloads)
Last edited by BlueAttitude; 03/01/18 03:47 AM.