[Link no longer valid]

Hi friends, This one skirts dangerously close to Smooth Jazz, but I think it has enough kick to hang in with some funk too. ;>)

This is my seventh production with PG Music software. The arrangement and all the horn riffs were driven by the chord progression and groove, rather than beginning with any particular riff in mind. OMG, there are a total of 14 flute tracks, and 6 sax tracks, excluding the solos!

All tracks are RealTracks and RealDrums with the exception of my flute and tenor sax. Thanks to Third Richardson, Vernon Barbary, Dwight Sills, and Jeff Lorber for their amazing playing!

The Basic style was SMOOTHC.

The 10-band EQ, and PG Reverb were used on all tracks. PG Echo Chorus was used for both tight chorus and wider delay on several other tracks. I used two outside plugins- EasyQ parametric equalizer and Sanford Delay for the solo sax track.

Other than BIAB/RB, Audacity was used for a dash of post-mix editing (crop, Amplify, bass boost for Soundcloud).

I continue to have issue with perfectly matching the rendered WAV to the SEQ in RB. Kent's suggestion of level matching between RB and the player definitely helped. I still feel that some plugins do not render identically to the SEQ settings, which is frustrating at mixdown.

As always, thanks so much for listening and enjoy! If you dig it, please leave a like, and consider following me on SoundCloud.

I've also created a Bandcamp page to host uncompressed WAVs https://spontaneousgroovincombustion.bandcamp.com/.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/25/20 12:51 PM.

Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist/Producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion
Tune 9 Music- SESAC