Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Really good use of RT's! I think the level on the guitar solo is just right (aside: I've noticed with RT's that you sometimes have to adjust volume of individual phrases in order to get a real smooth-sounding riff--did you run into that?)

BTW--how did you get that little 'slide' sound right at the end?

Great movement in this..thanks for building it!!

Hello Tano!

Thanks for the listen and nice comments - sure do appreciate both. And yeah, I've had to do "bar-by-bar manual adjustments on several songs I've done over the years. I compress as much as I can without losing the quality of the track. It's time-consuming more than anything. But, sometimes that's what it takes. I find the same issue with some of the acoustic piano tracks.

As far as the string slide at the end - it's indigenous to the track. I didn't so anything. I did several takes on the lead guitar track before settling on this one. One of the others also had but the remaining two or three did not. It's the luck of the draw as you regenerate the track. On the other track that had the slide ending (the one I did not use), the slide was even more noticeable. When I'm doing my own lead (which I rarely do anymore due to progressing Focal Dystonia), the slides are very simple - just run my fingernail (or pick, if you use one - I do almost everything fingerstyle) down the big E string from the guitar body towards the head stock very quickly.

If you are interested, here's a link to one of the last songs on which I did my own lead. The string slide is at the 2:15 mark. I got it by using my thumbnail, but a pick would have been equally good. https://soundcloud.com/alananddi/another-day-remix You just have to ignore my mediocre vocal. It's written for a female voice, but I did what I could, which leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, thanks again for the very nice words. Much appreciated. Wishing you the best,

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/12/18 03:37 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops