Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

Really nice. Good title.

Well mixed.

I like when folks do things like this - styles that I don't do - which gives another look at what BIAB does well. Makes me want to write a song in this style - just to "have a little fun"... Thanks for showing this...

fj

Thank you very much, Floyd. I've always been a sucker for sweet chords and chord arrangements - even when I was playing 1-4-5 country songs in the 60s. I played country because I liked it and I made a very nice living doing so. But I'd go home after playing Buck owens, Merle Haggard, Ray Price, etc. and pull out a Lou Rawls or Stevie Wonder album and try to figure out the chords.

I'm completely self-taught and do not read notation appreciably. Just thousands of hours of practice. Chords and progressions come to me rather easily. In Smooth Jazz the chords that give it its unique sound include minor 11ths, major 6ths (can be replaced by a 6/9), minor 6ths with a flatted 5th and 7ths with a sharp 5th (augmented can be substituted). That's probably a lot more than you wanted to know, but thought I'd throw it in FWIW.

I'm glad you enjoy this style of music when I post it. I have quite a few of them I've not posted.

Many thanks for the kind words! best to you & yours.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops