I've said this so many times now. If these updates were a serious problem affecting millions of users Microsoft's stock would tank badly. It ain't happening guys there is no problem with these updates unless you've completely messed with your system on your own.

There are lots of people who love to mess with edgy third party apps that they install using registry hacks and other crap. Those tend to be the ones who have these problems.

As far as those AV comparisons people need to realize those differences are very subtle and small. I've talked to enough IT pros and I'm told the new Defender is plenty good enough. They like it because it's integrated with Win 10, no third party software to worry about. This is serious stuff because with a business there's liability issues if they're found responsible for a breach of a customers data. It it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.