Originally Posted By: Tobias
Definitely Interested. I've been sticking with midi strings and editing like crazy in Piano Roll. While I will probably still use midi strings over Real Strings it certainly sounds worth a try to with either to first get BIAB to do some/most/all of the creative work for me. I don't really play keys/synth/string myself so making these creative edits don't come easy for me. Plus the time spent is often exhausting although fun. I would totally be willing to accept what musician would offer and most likely accept what BIAB gave me if a little more creative in the right sections of a song.
BTW, when you refer to "string dynamics" I assume I would apply the same techniques to pads, synths, organ and more at times.

Hey Tobias,

Sorry I missed this somehow. You could definitely apply these techniques to pads, synths, organs, and more.

That said, I would not use the same techniques for, say, strings as I would for pads due to the difference in sonic and contextual functions of the respective instruments.

For instance, real life string sections will have the lower register instruments playing less notes in step-wise motion while higher register instruments will be playing arpeggios. For organs, I would be more inclined to add a rotary effect and automate the oscillations such that the rate accelerates and decelerates to taste. With pads I would tweak the ADSR envelope and apply an LFO or two to the filter tp get that swelling and morphing effect.

I will definitely try and make a video or two touching on these subjects in the coming weeks. :-)

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB