I had forgotten that point, I had to find the original thread about this from 2016. You had said then that the 64 bit version of the SCVA will work with Jbridge. And yes, even though the SCVA is ALREADY 64 bit for some reason it still needs Jbridge.

Their website still says it's $125 so the question is is it worth it? In my case I got the full SampleTank 3 during their promo last year by buying a keyboard controller for $79. Without having owned the SC8850 I can't compare the two but the SCVA has a native GM bank while ST3 does not.

One thing for sure though I'm positive this sounds much better than the old VSC, the Forte Dxi or the Coyote Wavetable. The SC8850 was a high end unit. Even though it came out in 1999, they're apparently still worth $200-250.

What do you think Kent? It's been two years since your post in that old thread.

Edit - Damn, I just listened to this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSEoQpuOieQ

It's got scat voices! There are several requests in the Real Tracks forum about that. I may get this just for that if I can confirm the VA version also has them.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 10/16/18 10:21 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.