Hi, all! I have good news...

As you may know, I was diagnosed recently with Bilateral Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss - a rare condition where one suddenly loses their hearing. After many weeks of not being able to hear, I woke up a couple days ago, and my hearing had returned. I want to give God the glory! I thank God for doctors and medicine, and all that we can do to take care of ourselves. Whether it was medicine, or a miracle, I thank God for my hearing, either way. I wanted to celebrate by recreating a song I wrote last year about the importance, impact, and power of music in our lives. I redid the mix from scratch with my "new" ears. This mix was done in Harrison Mixbus 32c, an awesome analog model of the great Harrison console used in so many famous albums.

AFTER THE SUNSET - REMIX

AFTER THE SUNSET - REMIX - SOUNDCLOUD

The guitar and bass are Realtracks. I played the piano and all the orchestration parts, using EastWest sounds.

I want to thank ALL of you for your wonderful words of encouragement, and all your prayers for me during this difficult time. You are so appreciated!

I've been extremely busy, between trying to keep up at work, and doctor visits. I hope to get caught soon, so I can get caught up with listening to the great songs that I know are being posted here. Thanks for your patience with me.

God's blessings to all of you!

Steve

Last edited by Steve Young; 10/19/18 07:09 PM.

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann