This is a remixed version of an older song. While I had lost the .sgu, I was able to find the midi I'd saved in order to embellish this song, which I'd always considered too thin. I also found the original DAW "mix" file which made things much easier.

The original style was:
Style is DRJONROK.STY (Dr. Jon Rock Blues)

I used:
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Acoustic Piano (1), Clean Electric Guit (28), MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

But I sent the drums through the synth on separate tracks.

For this up-date, I added:
RealTracks in song: 2619:Organ, Rhythm Funk Ev 100 and RealTracks in song: ~2489:Bass, Acoustic, Bowed HeldSimple Ev 110.

The latter became the "drone" asked about in the ever increasingly hilarious thread I started a few days ago. Though it doesn't hold the same note (occasionally jumps up a 5th and down to something), it served the purpose. I raised it an octave in DAW (Acid Pro 8) and applied a delay to it.

Why is it there? I wrote this progression originally for an aborted collab with a didgeridoo player. When that failed to happen, I "restyled it" and wrote this song. One of many great benefits of BIAB. So it's there to accentuate the progression and add a little color in the low mids...or it it the high lows?

[Link no longer valid]

Edit: I agree with most of the constructive comments below, so I did what I should have done in the first place--add the organ and "drone" to the original file to "fatten it up". I could not, however, find a real drum to work over this groove. Here's the link to the new mix.

FRIDA rmx

The lyric is delivered in an ambiguous way on purpose. The original tagline was "Free to do what you want". That morphed to "Frida'll do what she wants". Ultimately, it's somewhere in between, and it matters nothing to me how you "hear" it. But since I have to post the lyric, I'll post the "official" one.

FRIDA

Cherry lipstick smeared in haste
only wears it cuz she likes the taste
She don't need no chi-chi pretty boy like you.

Chorus:

Frida do what she want
Frida do what she want
She do what she wants
and she wants to do just what she wants to do.

Daddy's money should suffice
but that don't keep her from shooting dice
She don't want no button-down dude like you

She loves her Lenin, hits her Marx
She do the Mao-Mao shooting sparks
She don't need no baby bourgeois boy like you.

Other girls paint their faces just to walk down the hall
Frida paints her face on the wall, ya'll

Ratty bookstore, portrait stall
She don't need 'em but she owns 'em all
She don't want no paper MBA like you.

Music and Lyrics Tangmo 2008

I have no love for her politics, but I love this character. She was created from multiple influences.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/26/20 02:26 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground