Wendy,

Like you, Matt and stratos, and many others I don't know about in the forum, I prefer not to use 'Natural Arrangements'.

My own personal view is that this feature is more for those who don't need and don't fully understand the more sophisticated chord extensions found in jazz music.

There is a lot of freely available sheet music out there on the web and often the chords in this music seem to have been determined electronically by some computer algorithm. This can lead to some unusual chords being placed in equally unusual harmonic environments. I see 'Natural Arrangements' as a very useful feature for these music arrangements if the user does not fully appreciate harmonic complexity. In this regard, 'Natural Arrangements' is a tool to help those who have less grounding in music theory. This, in turn, makes BIAB a much more accessible product to people across the spectrum of musical understanding.

I agree with Matt in that it would be terrific to see the chord changes that Natural Arrangements introduces when it's employed. This would then offer arrangement alternatives that could be useful for the user to consider.

Just my couple of cents worth!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024