Hi everybody,

no doubt about it, it's all his fault: Sixchannel, who has posted many goid songs here.

When I read his signature for the first time in 2016, I almost couldn't stop giggling: 'The older I get, the better I was". (C’mon, guys - when you crossed the 60s line that’s exactly what you feel...). So funny...! I immediately knew that this was a killer song title, and I wanted to carry it to extremes somehow.

And because I had just enjoyed the first meeting with my band colleagues from the 70s after 40 years, it was clear whom the first song I was going to write after almost ten years had to be all about. And because everybody had taken pictures I had footage galore to be used in the vid documenting what the ravages of time had done to us formerly so handsome guys...

'The Older We Get, The Better We Were' did not only become the first (hopefully) funny song I had ever written, it also became my first rock-style song without a horns arrangement. And the video became the first one that was almost completely put together of snippets from (CC-licensed) video clips I found in the web.

I’m sure that you will easily track down those little quotes of famous pop songs I hid in every verse.

As to the musical aspects:

RT683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RT1726:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm HonkyTonkJohn Ev 120
RT633:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (A:sy
RT845:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120

I wrote my own drums, using the MT-Power Drums VST, because I needed full control on the fills.

And I added a very primitive MIDI organ track to have some background chords

All (stunning) solos (guitar and sax) were generated by RB, but unfortunately I can’t trace which Soloist styles I used, because I changed the track names later on.

So here’s

The Older We Get, The Better We Were

The link will take you to the respective page of my web site where you’ll find mp3, video, lyrics and some info.

I hope you enjoy what I made out of sixchannel’s funny signiture motto. And please let me get away with any lexical and/or gramatical mistakes I will undoubtedly have made.

All the best,

Stefan