Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Yes, ultimately love is a choice. Nice and easy-does-it country band. The lyric is really, really good without a wasted line. Janice's vocal is pro-quality and I loved the slurs which seemed to both echo and foreshadow the resonator/dobro. Really, really cool.

Thank you so much for mentioning my phrasing. I had the pleasure of playing in a bluegrass band for many years with a great dobro player and maybe some of it rubbed off on me!

Janice

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great y'all. I really enjoyed it.

Excellent mix!! (Nice lyrics too.)

smile

Thanks David!

Janice

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Ms. Janice, "PeterF", and Leon...

I think I understand, right now, after listening to "I Choose To Be With You", what the general appeal of "country music" is: simplicity of expression, and emotional directness. The title itself is so romantically (and spiritually) reassuring that it "hooked" me right away -- "I choose to be with you. I choose to be with you." It's the lyric equivalent of a physical embrace, commonly known as a "hug" that never lets go. On the altar, it could easily provide the answer to the preacher's question, "Do you take this man/woman for your lawfully wedded husband/wife?" "Yes. I choose to be with him/her!"

Everything else about the song -- "PeterF's" music, Leon's lyrics, and Ms. Janice's vocalized enlightenment of those lyrics -- is a testimonial to the promise of happiness that is already present in the title. And so, as the young(er) folks would say, "It's all good!"

Vibing on it,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Thank you very much Loren and, yes, it is a wonderful lyric!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter/Leon/Janice,

A really nice song.

Well written - a bunch of good lines throughout.
Well played - really nice job on the resonator (it will always be a dobro to me).
Well sung - like there would be ANY doubt about that!

Excellent mix.

The whole thing has a terrific pace and "familiarity" much like Dylan's (and Ketch Secor's) "Wagon Wheel" (as done by Darius Rucker). That is a really good thing...

fj

Floyd pretty much says it for me. Great job!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Janice