Originally Posted By: mrgeeze
Kent,
Very nice, thanks.
Like others, this is very similar to my workflow.
I currently use most or all of the features you outlined to build my backing tracks.

Wondering whether there are additional tips or tricks to build on this knowledge to further enhance our work.

Perhaps an advanced video?

Thanks again,

One thing to add an additional level of complexity to your song similar to Kent's changing of Styles is to also make use of BIAB's ability to change out up to 10 instruments per track.

Another technique I do is to also enter my chord chart and select a midi style from House, Hip Hop, etc that's mostly percussion, mute any non-percussion instruments and render the percussion to an audio track, import that audio and move it as a Performance Track to the Drums channel. I then select a new Style and import the new Style, force the RealDrums to Midi (this brings up the Performance Track) and generate. This is necessary to activate the Performance Track to play. The Performance Track replaces the Drums and provides a modern groove to your song.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 11/13/18 01:04 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.