A Shadow In The Dark

This is the first time I've attempted a piece like this. I've always been partial to piano-violin semi-classical pieces. I think this sits somewhere between semi-classical, symphonic and orchestral. I think it might be a decent track for either part of a film score or the theme for a film. I worked on this for about 6 hours last night and this is where I said "I ain't gonna get it much better, so go with it." I think writing a song is much like writing a novel in one way in particular: You consider it finished when you get tired of tweaking it.

I'm not real happy with the background choir on the chorus, but it'll do for now. Packed away somewhere I have a pretty nice set of choral loops and string sections. When I'm not so lazy/tired, I'll dig it out and make a few more tweaks. I also would like to add some timpanis one bar before the chorus

I redid the chord pattern from the style demo and added six more Real Tracks. The demo track only had the String Quartet and Horn Section - I'm to blame for everything else.

This style is a completely new adventure for me so any comments for improvement are seriously welcome. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

The nitty-gritty:

Title: A Shadow In The Dark.SGU
Key=A, Tempo 80, Length (m:s)=2:36

Style is _SYMPHON.STY (Symphonic Horns & Strings)

RealTracks in song: ~2482:Bass, Acoustic, Bowed Held Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~2291:Horn Section, Rhythm SlowPopPads Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 2457:Strings, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2335:String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2337:Violin, Background, PopHigh Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RealTracks in song: 2365:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3063:Vocal Aahs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2747:Synth, Rhythm AltHipHopHorn Ev16 085

Loop in Song: Dubstep\Dubstep - no_way_out_140_choir_f_sharp_minor.wav

Also a midi vocal choir from another program that I will replace with a better one later.

Last edited by Al-David; 11/21/18 01:28 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops