Shigecki Adachi...

This "Midsummer Carnival" is a rhythmically colorful explosion of musical excitement that is barely contained by the coolly arranged strings and horns that are so expertly wrapped around it. The sound was darkly passionate, even as Ms. Yoshikawa ignited the lyrics with her exuberant vocal performance.

Did I mention lyrics? Well, yes, I did, didn't I? Those are some seriously hot, sensuous, and seductive words-in-service-to-music you got there, Mr. Adachi!!! Now, let's take a closer look at them, shall we?:

"Samba, samba! What a passionate dance..." "Girls, let guys be mad and dance until morning..." "Intent gaze, splashing sweat..." "Girls, decorate your long hairs with red flowers. Become beasts and flutter the spiral staircase..."

Whooo-eee! Girls becoming "beasts"?!? Oh, my! Had to wring-out my clothing after reading those lines! You must be planning on taking a vacation in a very naughty, very out-of-the-way place, Shigeki cool !!! It's a good thing the song wasn't accompanied by a video, because it probably would have been rated "H", for hot!

I really dig the way you faded out on the percussion. Nice. It made the song feel as though the samba party would never end.

Keep up the heat, Shigeki Adachi! You'll keep us warm during the long, cold American winter.

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 11/28/18 08:49 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".