Originally Posted By: bluage
Lawd, lawd, have mercy, I done got spider-bit...

"Listen up, ya'll! This heah song, "Black Widow", this the kin' a blues dat sneak up behind ya' in the alley, tap you on the shoulder, and when ya' turns 'round, it slap you right upside yo' cotton-pickin' head. BAM! Sho'nuff do! This blues, this blues mail a letter to yo' wife an' tell huh how bad you been cheatin' on huh, see, and then charge you fo' the postage. I ain't lyin'! No, suh. This heah some dan-ger-ous blues, ya'll heah? Dangerous!!! Git on home, now, 'fo yo' Mama find out what'cha been listenin' to, wit'cho sinful self..."

The above comment posted in a form of African-American dialect is not meant to offend anyone. Rather, it simply mimics the kind of repartee one would hear coming from the mouths of blues musicians from the South who moved to my hometown, Chicago, and performed in clubs such as the "Checkerboard" on the south side, or the "Kingston Mines" on Halsted Street on the near North side. And when they played the blues, it sounded like what I heard listening to "Black Widow".

So, what I'm doin' is testifying to the gutsy, powerhouse, bone-throbbin' blues laid out by "Bud", Ms. Janice, and "PeterF" in their song, "Black Window". Ms. Janice, you most definitely spin a silky, down-and-low web with your s-s-s-seductively venomous vocal. "PeterF", man, you wail so high an' mighty on that 'lectric gee-tar solo that I almost called the fire department to come and get you down out of that tree you ended up in!

Folks, as Mr. Floyd Jane recently remarked in a comment on another forum member's recent song post, "You're killin' it!"

Brushin' off sawdust from where your blues knocked me down on the floor,

LOREN

Loren, that's some impressive blues cred you have regarding Chicago and those clubs. One of our absolute most liked blues albums is B.B. King's "Live At The Regal." We miss him. A stunning talent with a gentle soul.

It truly captures the excitement of blues during its height and certainly has some of the repartee that you mentioned.

Thank you so much!!!

J&B