Dear Mr. Persike...

I have to confess that when I saw your post, I "passed" on it because I was afraid that your "message" would be political, and that if I disagreed with its content, I'd be in the difficult position of possibly being angered by your political point-of-view while nonetheless approving of your musicianship and songwriting skills which, once I made-up my mind to go ahead and take the risk of listening to your song, I have to say are excellent, and on both accounts.

Let me tell you unequivocally that I am in total, absolute agreement with the lyrical content of your song, "A Wake-up Call". Regardless of whether or not any of us agree, or disagree, with the consensus of the scientific community concerning climate change, that fact that won't go away is that something seriously worrisome is happening to our planet that needs to be addressed regardless of what is causing the change in the weather.

Your lyrics are bold, frank, up-front-and-personal, confrontational, and urgent. I am a born optimist who can't help but see true and everlasting beauty in people no matter what they believe in, in our Mother Nature, in the cosmos. But, because of the things I am observing going on climatically on this only planet we have, Earth, I have become literally afraid to think about whether or not us Earthlings are going to survive what I believe is a rapidly escalating environmental problem that threatens our collective existence.

I manage apartment properties. At one of the three properties I manage, we are about to lose the recycling carts because some of our residents, and possibly non-residents, are depositing things into the recycling carts that should not be dumped there, so the waste management company that services the property is going to remove the recycling carts and replace them with extra garbage dumpsters because they are tired of repeating the rules to us!

Do I need to go into how and why this is the wrong way to to go??? It should be obvious why recycling is the better option environmentally-speaking for salvaging some waste products that could be re-used, but what do you do with people who are too lazy to segregate trash from recyclable materials???

Anyway, for the second time in two weeks I have posted what many User's Forum participants would describe as a "rant". To them I say humbly that I'm sorry for spoiling the pleasure they experience in listening to each other's musical productions without injecting content that is explicitly outside the musical sphere of their interaction.

Nonetheless, I must commit to enthusiastically applauding your post, "A Wake-up Call", because I feel that it needs to be heard so that we can act collectively to avert a possible global disaster.

Most sincerely & respectfully,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Last edited by bluage; 12/09/18 11:52 AM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".