Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
That's a hard subject to write about but you've done it nicely. Love the harmonies. Sounds very lonesome.

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Robert,

This is a great folk song... I love the storytelling and delivery. The mix and instrumentation is perfect and the build towards the middle with the whole band is really special - drives it home.

Very much enjoyed and going back for another listen.

Bob

Bob,
Its good to hear I got that arrangement right- listening to your productions might be having an influence! Thanks for your comments.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow, you are really in shape here!
Mysterious, dynamic, creative and a distinct Neil Young, Roy Orbison feel to it.

GREAT WORK!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob & Anne-Marie,
That`s a great endorsement - I`m glad you enjoyed this.

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very nice, beautiful and sad song. I like your voice which compliment the lyrics perfectly.
Very well done!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Will,
Thanks for listening and commenting.

Originally Posted By: rayc
The double vocal of the 1st stanza was off putting but that worry dissipated a few seconds later when the verse began.
The harmony vocal in the chorus is more subtle, more accurately matched as a double and more controlled.
A very really good essay of a difficult subject.
Terrific stuff.

I knew that choice to make the harmony vocal the lead for the opening might not work for all tastes - I like the way it begins the song with a vulnerable feel ( the child`s voice), but I`ll probably revisit the balance later.
Good and helpful comments - thank you!

Robert