Originally Posted By: limestone
I could not find any discussions regarding midi vst synth volumes, and it has never been an issue before.

I noticed that running in 64-bit, neither vstsynthfont64.dll nor my copy of sampletank 3 vsti can output normal volume. They are receiving midi data, and I can hear notes faintly. But with midi mixer volume at 127, these vst's are unusable.

I just loaded biab 32-bit with coyote, and it is instantly back to "normal" output, loud and clear. What am I missing? THANKS!

When I was playing around with the VSTSynthFont a couple of days ago, I noticed that I had to go into the VST and adjust the SynthFont volumes to maximum (i.e. 2.00).

This sounds like it might be what's happening.

To make the adjustments...

1. Select the "Plugins" tab (#1 on the top image).

2. Select the left-most "None" for one of the tracks (it doesn't matter which one -- #2).

3. Click on "Default Synth" (#3).

4. On the lower image, check that #4 is selected (Default Synth) and that #5 is set to VSTSynthFont64. (If the synth is not set, click on this top buttons and select it from the list).

5. Slide the synth's volume sliders fully right.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. In case it makes a difference... I generate my songs first, stopped playback and then went into the VST settings.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
VSTSynthFon64_accessing.jpg (60 KB, 70 downloads)
VSTSynthFon64_volume sliders.jpg (330.02 KB, 69 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024