I work full time and I seldom have the opportunity to sit down with my music and really work on it. Hopefully that will change when I retire in a few years.

So I admit, I am not a constant user of Band In A Box or Real Band. Still, it is incredibly frustrating to try and do two very basic functions and neither works as described.

First, I tried generating RealBand tracks from a simple chord progression. I used the style called British Invasion Medium. I generated the RealBand tracks, and got only drums and bass. No guitar, and no message as to what happened. I use this same style in Band in A Box, and there is a guitar part.

Ignoring that minor setback, I decided to work with the tracks that I got. I figured I would just imporvise some live recording later. So to practice my live guitar, I decided to use the LOOP feature in RealBand playback. I turned on Looping, and after the first pass through the 8 bar chord progression, the marker returns to the beginning just fine, but there is no sound. Looping plays the passage once and then there is silence.

After about 4 hours of trying to diagnose both these issues, I gave up and watched basketball. Based on all the raves I see in this forum, apparently most people are satisfied.

My personal experience has not been as good. Anyone have any ideas as to why the RealBand playback looper only generates sound on the first pass? I am a geezer at age 66. Sometimes I think I should just go back to my trusty guitar amp, and analog tape deck, and 20 year old drum machine..