Fellow User's Forum members...

If you don't have anyplace to go to celebrate this New Year's Eve, why don't you make yourself look good, smell good, take your partner's arm and stroll on down to "Loren's Lounge" to get your jazz lights turned on real bright by some confidently cool cats playing some swingin' jazz organ sounds! There's no cover charge, plenty of parking in the back, ladies are admitted for free, drinks are "on the house" after 12:01 a.m., and the dance floor is open to all the old-schoolers who dig doin' some plain n' fancy steppin' lively to the groove...

Onstage tonight at "Loren's Lounge" we have "Mellow" Mike LeDonne (Real Track #1045) on the Hammond B3 organ, Oliver "On The One" Gannon (Real Track #1087 soloing, and #1101 rhythm) on electric jazz guitar, Terry "The Timekeeper" Clarke (Real Drums #018) on drums, and Neil "Strings" Swainson (Real Track #768) on acoustic bass. I perform the MIDI melody using a SampleTank percussive organ patch. The MIDI organ solo is #338, Blues - Jimmy (Smith) & Wes (Montgomery), organ & guitar alternating, Med-Sw. A-Loads J_JSMITH.STY.

Here's the link to my SoundClick page: https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13824865
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Technical stuff: Real Style _JZOG110.STY (Jazz organ trio, but, of course!!!) Key of Gb, tempo @ 125, meter = 4/4.

At the bridge, the Real Drums change to Jazz Shuffle^, #004, by Craig Scot, to ramp-up the swing thing during the 24-bar solo organ and solo guitar performances, respectively, and then go back to Terry Clarke's sticks and brushes.

Because the Hammond B3 organ has bass pedals, I muted the Real Track rhythm organ instrument (#1045) at the bridge where the solo organ begins playing and substituted Neil Swainson's acoustic bass to get the walkin' bass feel and sound. When the organ solo ends after 24 bars, and the electric jazz guitar solo begins, I un-muted the rhythm organ to take advantage of its deep and resonant, yet mellow tones.

See you at "Loren's Lounge"!

Musically yours,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Last edited by bluage; 12/31/18 08:16 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".