Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
This may sound odd, but the song was so good I couldn't finish it. Sorry. Unreal times, and your treatment of it was amazing. I've never thought of the "good old days" that way. Heartbreaking.

I hope it doesn't come across as offensive that I didn't finish it; it just brought me "there" a little too much. It's perfection, so don't get me wrong.

Written great, produced great, performed great...all expected, to be honest. HOWEVER, did you get some new gear or something? J's voice (which is always gorgeous) is SO present. Like, it couldn't be clearer if she was sitting right in front of me. Not harsh, though. Warm, inviting and clear. How? AND with all of the instrument present as well. I'm dumbfounded. That is a killer mix my friend.

I'll stop there; but what an amazing piece of work!

Wow! Hope you get back to it. Nothing new with Janice’s vocal fx - it’s a nectar preset that I’ve used with tweaking for years. My mastering chain has changed a bit and it may be the Waves LinMB that you hear. It’s a five band multicompressor that can really open up a mix.

Thanks for the great review and best to you this year and beyond!

J&B