Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Stefan,

Great, fun video and a good song as I have got used to with stuff from you! You are really talented - not just with music but also with your video editing.

For the first time in the months I have been watching and listening to your songs, I have a little (very minor) critique. It has nothing to do with your music, but:

Please, do not replicate the television shows in NOT giving appropriate credit to the people who made some of the imagery, by simply just showing it too fast (because they (the tv stations) want to go fast forward to the commercials). I'm referring to the last few seconds of your video.

This is something that really annoys me when watching television shows and I think we as artists should know better and at least give the audience appropriate time too see who the artists are. You gave each less than a second - I think it should be at least 3-5 seconds for each contributing artist - even if it is just something you use for background imagery.

I hope you don't get mad at me for saying this. I still enjoy your video and music! smile

Will

Dear Will,

first of all thanks a lot for your kind comment on the song and the video; I always appreciate yor remarks that have become of particular importance to me.

And don't you ever be afraid I might be mad at you, whatever, well: almost whatever ;-)), you say. And it wouldn’t make any sense to post things here if was am not ready to consider anything the other forum members may remark.

So I do get yor point as far as the credits are concearned, and I will take your advice and give them more time, but please let me explain why I had decided to keep them as short as I did:

Unlike in TV movies the final credits do not refer to the actors appearing in the video (I think I always feature my friends very proudly and most of all very gratefully).

The credits that you mentioned refer to (mostly very short) snippets from third-party videos that I found on VIMEO and a few images, all of which weree published under a Creative Commons license, thus asking for the author to be mentioned when used. (BTW, most of the images I use are from PIXABAY and therefor PD, so I don’t even know who created them)

In my first videos I added one final page simply showing one line for each clip reading the clip titles, the author, the source and the license. This would have compied withl the license conditions, but nobody would have had the chance to tell which title belonged to which snippet in my video..

So I decided to add the respective original thumbnails that are provided with the Vimeo links and also display the original info pop-up that's added to every clip.

In the beginning I showed them for about 5 seconds each, but meanwhile I minimized that time to about one second, because

a) there's not really much info given with the clips, and the author's names are mostly pseudonyms .

b) I thought that not so many people (if any...) were generally interested in getting detailed info anout those snippets, but in case they were: It's a video (and not a TV movie) which they could stop whenever they want to get all the info ürovided

For me it doesn’t make any difference to show those credits longer - I simply thought that it wouldn’t bring any advantage for neither the authors nor for the people watching.

But now that I know that there are people (even if it might be only you) that would prefer to get some more reading time I will be happy to take that into account. But please understand that there are still some videos unposted that have the short credits - once their out on YouTube I can’t update them, but would have to delete them and upload them anew which would make me lose all the statistics YT provides..

So, dear Will, once again thanks a lot for watching, listening, commenting and, yes, your proposal .

All the best

Stefan