Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool tune. I didn't watch the video. I'll take someone else's word that it was good.

Interesting take of "life is crapping on me"..... I know the feeling

A good take on the do-[*****] of the 50's regarding the styling. (EDIT... SERIOUSLY? do- w o p.... refering to a musical style)

So, it's obvious that a lot of time was spent on this. My only major nit to pick on this is that the background vocals are running sort of flat/off-key throughout. Or as Randy Jackson would say... that was pitchy dog. It would be an easy fix to tune them up with melodyne.

Then.... and I have done this before.... especially in the choruses, copy and paste the tuned vox as needed. quick and easy

But all things being equal.... interesting and creative project.

Well, guitarhacker, don't say I didn't warn everybody that there was some atrocious falsetto vocals to be heard. Hadn't practiced that for almost 25 years, and sticking to that 'pitchy, dog' image: My voice wiggled like a little dog's tail, so it can't be all flat, there must be sharp notes as well. And being fully aware of that I hoped that people wouldn't notice it as much as you did when they were distracted by the vid.

Can I soothe you if I promise that there won't be any more falsetto singing in the future? Or only if it's had a melodyne treatment (never heard of it before, but will consider to buy it)

Whatever, thanks a lot for the listen and also for your hint !!! I think thos abbreviations and **** you used were of importance, but I simply couldn't find out what they were meant to tell me. But of course I'd like to know, so if you think the long version may be inappropriate, you might send me a PM with the 'translation.'

Take care and thanks again,

Stefan

the censors in the software zapped my innocuous word.... referring to the musical style.... do-w_o_p remove the underscores and the censor hits you like you said a bad word. Slur for an Italian person.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.