Originally Posted By: Wargmedia
Hi, well, don't know if I am in the right thread here... Seems my question why the patches/instruments does not change when I change style in middle of a song is answered in many ways but not one of the concrete kind
Trying to get reggae slow to move over to cubanstyle in bar 17 - to speed up things - but the darn thing keeps the instruments from reggae... I know that Cuba and Jamaica are neighbors but this is ridiculous...
It still plays cuban allright but with reggae instruments??? Anybody know what this is? Can't change patches at F5 either. Please help"
Patrick in Lapland

Hello Patrick in Lapland and welcome to the forum! Pressing F5 opens the bar settings window which includes settings to directly change tempo by beat per minute (bpm) or change tempo by percentage. I've highlighted the selections in the screenshot below.

Assume the song tempo is 100 bpm. In the top setting, entering 90 will cause the program to change the tempo from 100 bpm to 90 bpm on the first beat of the bar. The song tempo remains at 90 bpm until you enter a new tempo bpm setting at a later bar.

Or you can enter a positive or negative number in the second tempo will speed up or slow down the tempo as a percentage of the existing tempo. Entering a setting of 100 doubles the existing tempo while entering a setting of -50 slows the tempo by a half. Assume the song tempo is 90 bpm. Entering a value of 100 doubles the tempo to 180 while entering a value of -50 halves the tempo to 45 bpm.

By the way, telling us what year and package of Band-in-a-Box you're using helps us respond to your questions more accurately.

Also it is customary to start a new thread when asking a question instead of tacking a question on the bottom of a seven year old thread.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (79.4 KB, 38 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home