Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

This sounds like something that came out of Tin Pan Alley!

The dancing/entrancing and you-and-me/company rhymes are especially nice. They hit the ear delightfully. As does the cadence of the "What do you say..." AND "Come On".

Nice instrumentation and an excellent mix. The solo is well done. Your vocal is a real standout in this. So well recorded, so clear and so "right" in the way it sits perfectly in the mix.

That piano does have a really nice sound...

Very well done!

fj

Hey floyd.

Thank you for the listen and the analysis! As you know, Tin Pan Alley and the AABA song format are styles that I feel really at home with.

With this song, I had a little help from BIAB's demos. I'm aiming to write a brief note for the Songwriting forum to explain how I did this. The chord charts used for demos can provide a really useful starting place when it comes to making a song and the creativity well is running a bit dry. That was the case here. After loading the demo, I modified it to suit, settled on a style I liked and then played it over and over and over until words and images started coming to mind. Then it was just a matter of co-ordinating and expanding those thoughts into song sections.

Thanks again for taking the time. I always appreciate your visit!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024