Folks, I am growing more and more frustrated over not being able to get BiaB to produce clean playback of my biab tunes. Just this morning, I'm working on a new one that has five RealBand tracks and one MIDI track. There's lots of noise and distortion. Lots of it. I'm running Win7, so the drivers I have available are MME, ASIO, and WAS (I think?). I've tried them all and they go from horrible to simply unacceptable in that order: MME, ASIO, and WAS. I've exited all other programs and even loaded Windows Task Manager, and removed all unnecessary Processes.

My machine has an AMD quad-core processor, running at 3.44 GHz with 16 GB of RAM installed. It is not a slow machine, but apparently it doesn't have enough horsepower for the bloated product that 2019 has become. I had occasional pops and crackles with 2017 (I skipped 2018), and it was nowhere near as bad in performance as 2019 is. I've just installed the latest v617 update and checked with that same song file I mentioned above, and the problems are still there.

So I'm fed up. Thus, I'm asking the forumind: what would be the ideal machine, one that I would put together, that will run BiaB properly? That is, what sort of motherboard and processor. Oh, and in my case, the MoBo would have to have at least two PCI slots and one PCIe slot. Or maybe it's finally time that I upgrade to Win10? Are there better drivers available for Win10 that would improve things?

Oh, one more thing I just thought of. I'm also using Cakewalk by Bandlab, and the older Cakewalk Sonar Platinum. I can get perfectly clean playback with Cakewalk, when running MIDI, audio or a mix of MIDI and audio. Usually I have to exit all other applications, but at least this will get me where I need to be. Now, Cakewalk is a big, serious program, and my machine runs fine with it -- why can't it do the same with BiaB?

Last edited by cooltouch; 02/06/19 07:42 AM.