David,

I haven't played with saving VSTi in RealBand very much so please consider this as me "thinking out loud" and passing an idea to you for consideration.

I'm wondering if it might make a difference where the song file originates.

You can (1) create the song project in RealBand and save the song project file in the native SEQ file format. You can also (2) create the song project in Band-in-a-Box, save as a SGU or MGU song file, open the Band-in-a-Box song file in RealBand and then save the song file in the native SEQ file format.

Both ways may create slightly different song files that contain slightly different metadata. This theory gains some authority when you consider you can take a Band-in-a-Box song file you suspect might contain corruption, open the song file in RealBand and then save (as a BiaB song file) and the corruption is sometimes cleaned out. The theory gains more authority when you consider that not all Band-in-a-Box song file settings transfer between Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Rephrase the Las Vegas tourist slogan of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" to "What begins in RealBand, stays in RealBand" and my theory almost reads like it makes sense, doesn't it?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home