Lullaby for Evelyn

Over the holidays I was sitting watching our baby granddaughter, trying to entertain her with my guitar, and this little pattern picking ditty came out of my noodling. It had no words. I just called it "Evelyn's Song".

But a week or so later I did come up with some words.

A week or so ago I had a solo babysitting gig with Trenton (her big brother) and Evelyn and I got to sing her to sleep with this at bedtime, standing in their dimly lit living room, just rocking back and forth. So she's heard it. :-)

Took me a while to get around to putting it all together. For one thing, it's one thing to play a ditty on a guitar, it's another one to get it squared away and played in time so that we can add other instruments. Turns out you have to be, you know ... good -- to do stuff like that. So I had to get better at the ditty.

I did. And I figured maybe I ought to record it while she's still a baby. :-) The other two have grown grand kids have grown so fast.

Kind of leaving this one a bit plain and raw for intimacy's sake. It is heartfelt.

So me on the fingerpicking. I added a shaker, bass, and very VERY quiet piano. I edited the shaker/conga track and took out the congas. I just wanted shakers.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Lullaby for Evelyn
File:Lullaby for Evelyn.SGU

Style is _REMIND.STY (Reminds Me Folk Ballad)

RealTracks in style: ~~2478:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2917:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryFolk8thsMike Ev 085
RealDrums [in Song:ShakerEven8ths: a: Shaker b: ShakerEven8ths

Last edited by Phil Leith; 04/03/19 02:59 PM.