Thanks John. I am so glad I upgraded from 2012 at the time volume & gain nodes were implemented. Such a great feature and now that I know about it I would not live without it...lol.

From what you are saying it seems like the original video I watched below is the only documentation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5kKx5ThpSY&t=3s

So Charlie has me curious and I think back about a comment I made after Del posted (to google search gain versus volume). So here it is with a comment below.

Google: Music Gain versus Volume
Quote:
Both gain and levels refer to the loudness of the audio. However, gain is the input level of the clips and volume is the output. In recording audio, gain is the first control that the microphone signal goes through in a mixer while levels are adjusted after that.

So I think this might explains Charlie's comment. If gain is the input side then it is changing the input to the track. Volume is the output side so this is likely the output to the .wav during "file Save-as". So maybe (and this makes me laugh...lol) you should go back and do a test of "File save-as" with gain-nodes after all with your version to see if it actually does get passed through to the .wav file. In my mind it should but I am confused now. I am not sure. It is just a curiosity thing at this point. I went back and checked Del's post and he said that gain nodes adjustments do not get passed to the .wav file with "file save-as" during the 2017 version either. Actually It just hit me. Charlie is probably correct! See next post as to why.

About my simple test. Here is why I made it up.
My first test was with the guitar. I played along for a while playing a variety of chords. So I went back and adjusted the gain nodes but not that much. I had so much trouble listening to it waiting for the volume change which never came and I wasn't sure if it had changed because I had not adjusted it much. It as a waste of time so I developed my simple test. A better test than the fix I posted would be three words. (Normal, zero, normal) with a gap between them giving one some room to adjust the nodes. If a mike is not available three notes (High-pitch, low-pitch, high-pitch). The recording should take no more than 10 seconds to record and the node adjustment should be to zero of course. So I made up the instructions to help others avoid my mistake then I later documented them step by step for some who might be more green than I am. The easier it was the greater the chance that someone would do the test.

Last edited by bowlesj; 04/16/19 02:49 PM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles