Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Sounds great you three!

Janice sounds awesome as usual, and the background vocals are lots of fun. Loved the count in intro!

Good "blues" write Bud, "I can't turn on a dime" is a great hook!

I like the little walkup Peter does to start off the solo, and I can see where Kenny got the SRV reference from. Stevie did something similar in one of his songs (Pride and Joy maybe?? Don't remember). But, a very cool move and really helps to build the solo. And the 7#9 chord (I call it the Hendrix chord) always sounds great.

Slowdown at the end is a nice touch.

I think the mix works well, lots of stuff going on but I can hear things clearly.

Overall a great blues/rock song! I listened a few times this morning and will be back again.

Thanks Dave! I wish I could've done more with the hook...didn't get much beyond it smile Yeah, when Peter added that chord to my SGU I asked about it and he schooled me on the Hendrix thing! That walkup drove me nuts trying to get the bass "right" on it. Had to comp it in. It was Peter's idea to create it with the shots as was the slowdown. Glad you like it. I worked to try and thread the needle to make it not sound overly dense.

J&B