Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Like John Lennon, we can imagine...and, we'll add, hope. It's so nice to hear such a positive write delivered with a fine vocal performance.

We loved this the first time around and the redo is stunning. What can one add to what floyd wrote?

As a bass player I'll join in with floyd's comment. I (Bud) have struggled for years trying to get both acoustic and electric bass to sit in the mix as he described. Neutron 2's masking feature and a couple of Waves plug-ins have helped but I'm not "there."

And that bass is just one aspect of a mix that simply sparkles in clarity. I so often, perhaps too much so, write of our love of open and airy mixes. A listen to this will better define what we are trying to say than a thousand words.

Superb!

J&B

Hi J&B,

Thanks for taking so much time to listen and to comment. I appreciate it a great deal. And Bud, I disagree... the bass in your productions definitely sounds 'there' to me. The Renaissance Bass from Waves is a great plug-in. It has a number of preset sounds that help give the bass line a little bit of an edge.

I think I've mentioned this before but before I add any plug-ins to the bass, I always use a pre-fx envelope to shape note volumes so that they sound pretty much the same volume for all notes. While I do this manually, I believe a bass rider plugin does something similar. Then when all notes have a similar volume, I use the Renaissance Bass to add a touch of compression and adjust sonic character.

Thanks again for taking the time.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024